Sunday, June 26, 2011

Waiting or anticipating...what's your preferrence?

Maybe Tom Petty knew what he was talking about when he sang "The waiting is the hardest part"

Waiting:  to stay in place in expectation of...

And maybe the Heinz Ketchup people knew a little secret when they used Carley Simon's song...Anticipa...a...tion, and threw that in front of the waiting, befor the ketchup hit the burger.  We could taste the burst of tomatoie goodness before it ever hit our taste buds!

Anticipation:  the act of looking forward...

Boy...what a difference word choice can make.
Waiting... (blah...blah...blah...)
Anticipating! (here it comes)
Okay...lets try out some examples.

I'm waiting for dinner to be served.
I'm anticipating the taste of the perfectly fried onions on my medium well steak.


I'm waiting for this baby to be born.
I'm anticipating the birth of my child and how much fun it will be to hold him/her in my arms.

I'm waiting on line to check out.
I'm anticipating a quick and easy check out and I'll soon be on my way.

I don't know about you but anticipating sounds like a lot more fun and we are an active part in the outcome.  Notice any of the Law of Attraction principals in this?  If we're waiting...we're left the vitctim of an external outcome and we're just standing still...waiting for something to happen.

I just told my husband what my most recent blog was about and he said waiting and anticipating are the same thing.  Well, now is your chance to decide.  Spend the week anticipating rather than waiting and see which one you prefer...

I'll be actively anticipating some interesting feedback...






No comments:

Post a Comment